Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday Question of the Week

I have been a part of four funeral/ memorial services this past week. In each case I have heard people say things like "I'm sure going to miss him" or "I miss her already." I have even found myself suddenly desiring to spend time with my friend Donn after I found out about his death this past Friday. I really miss him now but why didn't I miss him before? Its a strange feeling.

This leads me to my question of the week:

What does is really mean to miss someone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you miss someone, you miss the way they made you feel. You miss their presence, their voice, you miss having them around. I think missing someone means you crave to spend time with that one person.

Steve said...

Missing means empty. If you miss someone, there is an empty spot inside of you, that is the shape of that person, place or thing. The location is usually the heart, but can often be the brain (specifically the medula oblingada), the stomach (hence the grumbling belly), but has also been known to be the appendix (there is no other known use for it). ;o)

Anonymous said...

I think when we miss someone it's an abrupt awareness that we will no longer be able to have a shared experience, shared emotion, or fellowship with that person again. I had only rode the Zingo a few times in my life. But I am going to miss it knowing that I will never get to ride it again or see my kids get to.