Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Three Weeks, Two Prospectives and A Question of the Week


Hello! It has been over three weeks since we last met and we have so much to catch up on! I don't have a lot of time so let me try to catch you up on the last twenty seven days of my life as quickly as possible.
  • Avalon was incredible! Made some new friends through the process ( Cathy Freeman and Chris Kelly with Spirit 102.3, Greg Long with Avalon) and watched our church do a tremendous job in helping with the event.
  • Mad Prop's to Cathy Killion for all her hard work on the Avalon show! She was my hostess and really went out of her way to take care of the group.
  • Christmas services FREAKING ROCKED! Jana Gorham had almost thirty people in the orchestra this year and as usual they were incredible, the Choir was bigger and better than ever, Brittany Bolt sang her guts out and rocked our faces off and as always the band was awesome. This had to be the best Christmas service EVER in our church.
  • Christmas Eve services were great as well. We did some things a little different but somehow throwing acoustic worship, Charlie Brown, a live nativity, the Christmas story read by grandpa Tom, communion and candle lighting in to one service worked!
  • Mad Props to my boy Mitch who managed to focus his attention to leading worship on one of the hardest days in his life.
  • Christmas at the Tibbles was awesome! I will always love Christmas morning with my kids more than any other day of the year! This year was awesome... there were nice lessons learned by my youngest. More on this later...
  • In-laws came to our place for Christmas #2. It was nice...
  • Spent more time with my grandparents in two days than all of 2008 combined. I love them so much. They are great examples to us in all aspects of their lives.
  • Had a great Christmas with my small group. I am so appreciative of them and their love for us and each other. Its great to be a part of a group where we are "Tim and April".
  • I somehow ended up catching a cold that turned into a fever and sore throat... I hate being sick. Then again, who doesn't?
  • Our Church Basketball League starts up soon... I am uber excited about this. I'm not a great player but I love basketball to a fault.
So that's my life over the past three and a half weeks. Sorry we were not able to connect. What's that you ask? What are my feelings on Rick Warren praying for the inauguration? Funny you should ask! What amazes me is the two opposing views of this prayer.
1. The "Liberal Left" is ticked at Obama for inviting a "gay hating", "anti-abortion", "narrow-minded conservative" to be a part of his inauguration. It's funny to me because Obama is doing what he said he would do. Did these people think that he would unite only the Americans who agreed with them?
2. The "Conservative Right" is ticked at Warren because he has accepted the invitation to participate in Obama's inauguration. This is funny to me because Warren is doing exactly what he is supposed to do as a Christian. Does this group think that Warren should stand up and call Obama a "hypocritical", "gay loving", "baby-killing" heathen like a lot of other so called Christian leaders? Isn't Warren doing exactly what the rest of us should be doing... praying for Obama?

It was great to see you again! Lets meet up tomorrow. I would like to share my 2009 New Year's Resolutions. Before you go let me give you my question of the week:

What is your top resolution for 2009?

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

rick boyer said...

My 2009 reso;ution: To become as debt free as poosible. The Dave Ramsey way.

Keith said...

It is kinda "funny." I just hope BO doesn't do too much "funny" stuff.

Resolutions: weight, buy more bullets, and attempt to read through Calvin's Institutes (Not necessarily in that order).

Brenda said...

My resolution: To take each day, one day at at time. To live each each day like it is my last.

rick boyer said...

Of course and to learn to type, LOL